MOE requests all overseas students (including international students, overseas Chinese students, students from China) with/without valid ARC to complete those 3+4 days quarantine at a quarantine hotel, effective from 00:00 on June 15, 2022.)
Here are the regulations based on CDC guidelines
I. Quarantine period and location:
A. The day of arrival counts as Day 0; a 3-day home quarantine and 4-day self-initiated epidemic prevention following the end of quarantine will be required.
B. You are required to complete these 7 days quarantine at a quarantine hotel. Those with valid ARC can book Taipei quarantine hotel by themselves but must submit the booking confirmation letter to OIA, https://quarantinehotel.gov.taipei/
C. Epidemic prevention rules to follow during the self-initiated epidemic prevention period:
1. Avoid going outside unless necessary.
2. A negative result from an at-home rapid test taken within two days should be presented if an arrival needs to go out to work or buy daily necessities.
3. Masks must be worn at all times when outside and social distancing must be maintained.
4. An arrival fulfilling business contractual obligations may go to work, conduct site visits, give a speech, or
have a meeting, provided that a mask must be worn at all times when outside and social distancing must be maintained.
5. Masks must be worn at all times and social distancing must be maintained at work; masks can be temporarily removed when dining and should be put on after finishing dining.
6. Avoid going to crowded venues or contact with nonspecific persons.
7. An arrival fulfilling business contractual obligations may dine alone or with specific persons in a separate
space in a restaurant provided that table dividers must be installed or social distancing must be maintained.
8. Non-urgent medical services or examinations should be postponed.
D. The arrival should undergo the three-day quarantine and four-day self-initiated epidemic prevention in the same location. Furthermore, in consideration of shared living arrangements for migrant workers, fishermen, and students and their higher risk of cluster infection, the regulatory authority of the respective business will ask such individuals to complete the self-initiated epidemic prevention period in their quarantine location and not to attend classes, work, or go out unless necessary during the period.
II. Testing measures:
A. Arrivals must present a COVID-19 PCR test result within two days before their scheduled flight to Taiwan.
B. PCR testing: deep-throat saliva samples will be collected from arrivals for PCR testing at the airport/port on the day of arrival (Day 0).
C. At-home rapid tests: two rapid test kits will be given to arrivals aged 2 and older by workers at international airports/ports upon arrival; arrivals can use the test kits when symptoms occur during quarantine and before they go out for the first time during the self-initiated epidemic prevention period.