Scholarships for International Students
Before coming to Taiwan
There are various scholarships offered by different organizations. Please note that admission applications and scholarship applications are separate. An applicant who receives any scholarship award is NOT guaranteed a TNUA entrance admission, and vice versa. Applicants must aware different deadlines for scholarships and school admission.
International students may apply for the Taiwan Scholarship offered by the Taiwanese Government. Please visit Taiwan Scholarship Program for further information.
International students who intend to apply for the International M.A. Program in Cultural and Creative Industries may apply for ICDF scholarship. For further information, please visit Taiwan International Cooperation and Development Fund.
After arriving in Taiwan
TNUA Scholarship for International Students
Currently enrolled international students may apply for this scholarship if they meet one of the following criteria:
(1) Undergraduate students who have completed two semesters, obtained a grade point average of at least 75 points for the semester prior to that of the time of application, and have never received punishment from the school for the violation of school regulations.
(2) Masters or doctoral students who have completed one semester, obtained a grade point average of at least 80 points for the semester for the semester prior to that of the time of application, and have never received punishment from the school for the violation of school regulations.
(3) For masters or doctoral students who do not have a grade point average for the prior semester due to thesis writing, their grade point average for the previous school year will be used for the consideration of this scholarship. A recommendation letter from the applicant’s advisor and a thesis proposal (including research motivation and purpose, research plan, references, outline, and bibliography) must be submitted. Applicants must have never received punishment from the school for the violation of school regulations. Each individual can apply under the abovementioned conditions for one time only.
(4) Individuals in charge of University student clubs who have obtained a grade point average of at least 70 points for the previous academic year (for undergraduate students) or 75 points (for master or doctoral students). Proof verifying the individual’s position as a club leader and a club activity achievement report shall be submitted along with the application. Each individual can apply under the abovementioned conditions for one time only.
(5) Each student shall only receive a maximum amount of 3 grants (3 semesters).
How to Apply
Students shall submit application documents to their department by deadline as announced. Office of International Affairs only receives recommendations from departments.